Stay Warm And Comfortable
Do you need to have your furnace replace in order to stay warm this winter? What type and efficiency rating will you decide to go with? Have you considered other heating system that may work well in your house? Expert HVAC Care furnace repair experts are here to assist you with any furnace questions you may have.
Is It Time To Replace The Furnace In Your Home?
The heating system in your home is a significant and expensive investment. You might be tempted to try to repair your outdated system rather than replacing your furnace.
When deciding whether to replace or repair, consider the following factors:
Age – A furnace that is 10 to 15 years old most likely is on its last legs and isn’t worth repairing, particularly if over the last few seasons you have spent money on several different repairs.
Investment Cost – Replacing your furnace costs more than to repair it, but you need to consider what the long-term investment cost is of keeping an old furnace operating. Our knowledgeable Expert HVAC Care heater contractors can help you with calculating what your return on investment is.
Utility bills – Taking your past utility bills into account and calculating what your future bills will be based on increasing utility costs, you will be able to determine what it will cost in order to operate your current furnace in the coming year. This can be compared with how much energy a new furnace will consume at the same utility rates so that you can determine how much you can expect to save by replacing your furnace.
Different Types Of Heating Systems And Furnaces
Furnaces are currently among the most popular heating systems:
- Gas furnaces are the most common due to their low operational costs.
- Electric furnaces are a great alternative whenever there is no natural gas available.
- Oil furnaces can also be a good option when there isn’t any natural gas available.
Other kinds of heating systems include the following:
- Boilers: heat water for use in radiant heating systems.
- Heat pumps, which operate during the summer like an AC, and during the winter in reverse.
Things To Considering When Selecting A Furnace Replacement
When deciding on a furnace replacement there are a few things that you need to consider:
- Geographic location – If you reside in a cold geographic area and rely on heating more than you do air conditioning, then investing in a high-efficiency furnace replacement can be very worthwhile. For warm-climate residents, it may not make economic sense to pay the extra upfront cost.
- Existing system – It is very important to take your home’s existing system into consideration, in addition to your future plans. For instance, if you want to add an air conditioner, then you may be better off choosing a heat pump instead of a furnace, depending on what your climate is like. If there is no ductwork in your home, then a boiler might be more economical.
Expert HVAC Care is the one to turn to for all of your furnace needs. We want you to be comfortable in your own home, so whether it is repairs, replacements, maintenance, or installations, we are the best choice.