Air Conditioner Repair
Air Conditioning Repairs With Expert HVAC Care
What would you do if your air conditioning stopped working on a very hot day? If you have been in this situation before, you know that is important to find a professional who can fix your AC unit as quickly as possible. You should get in touch with Expert HVAC Care if your AC unit is not working properly or needs maintenance.
Why Is Expert HVAC Care Your Best Option?
We offer air conditioning repairs on a 24 / 7 basis. We will bill you for the job and not charge you by the hour. We do not charge for overtime. We will take the time to go over your different options and will explain the repairs before we get to work. It is important to us that you receive the best service possible. The air conditioner experts who work for us have a valid license and are insured. We offer a guarantee on the repairs we perform. You can call us for AC repairs at anytime and we can work on any brand.
What Are The Most Common AC Problems?
These are the most common AC problems that usually require emergency repairs:
- The AC system will not turn on.
- You hear noises coming from the AC system or notice vibrations.
- There is warm air coming out of the supply registers.
- The fan is not working even though the unit hums.
- The fan works but the compressor is off.
- There is water around the AC unit.
What Can Cause An AC To Stop Working?
The common issues listed above are fairly easy to recognize, but what causes these problems? These are a few possible underlying causes behind these common AC problems. Our Expert HVAC Car technicians can fix any of these issues:
- The AC unit is not getting any power. A loss of power can be caused by problems with wiring, a breaker that needs to be replaced or overheating of the AC unit. A technician can replace damaged wiring, reset the circuit breaker and make sure the outdoor unit is getting proper airflow.
- A worn out fan belt can cause an AC system to stop functioning properly. If the fan belt is wearing out, you might hear a squealing sound when you turn your AC on. It is best not to use your AC system if you suspect that there is an issue with the fan belt because repairs will probably be more expensive if the fan belt snaps.
- A refrigerant leak can cause issues. If you hear a hissing sound, there might be a leak. A leak makes your AC system less efficient and can be a problem for the environment. Our technicians can fix the tubing to make the leak disappear and recharge your AC system.
- The evaporator coil can freeze. If your AC unit runs a lot at night, the evaporator coil can freeze due to low refrigerant level or to poor circulation. The air exiting the supply registers will feel warm if the evaporator coil is frozen. It is best to turn your AC unit off and to find a technician to fix the evaporator coil and prevent it from freezing again.
- The fan motor can stop working. If this happens, air will not be able to circulate in your home. One of our technicians can either replace the motor or fix it.
- The compressor is not working properly. The fan might be working but the air will still feel warm because the compressor is not working. This is one of the most expensive components of an AC system. You should talk to one of our Expert HVAC Care technicians to find out whether or not replacing the compressor would make sense.
- The condensate drain can get clogged. Dirt, insect nests, algae and other debris can build up and clog the condensate drain. This can cause water damage if nothing is done. The system can be flushed by one of our technicians and it is possible to prevent algae from coming back by using an algaecide.
Preventative Maintenance Is Important
You can keep your AC system in good shape by performing maintenance on a regular basis. Visit our AC maintenance page to learn more!