For Free HVAC Consultation in Pittsburgh, Call: (412) 404-3483
An air conditioner is supposed to be a long-lasting sturdy machine. However, it does require regular maintenance in order to maintain efficiency and a long life. All air conditioners require some type of regular care and attention in order to work at its peak and maintain a comfortable temperature in your home. If you neglect your air conditioner’s maintenance you can lose cooling efficiency which can lead to higher maintenance costs, high electric bills and the need to replace the unit earlier than expected.
Loss Caused by Skipping Regular Maintenance
If you skip your annual maintenance checkup, you could lose up to 5 percent of your unit’s efficiency for each year you miss. Over a period of years, this loss can be significant. The cost of an annual check-up is relatively low and the services provided can reduce repair bills, lower energy bills and eliminate the cost of replacing the air conditioner. Even if you skipped annual maintenance for several years, getting a tune-up can bring your air conditioner back to its optimum levels of efficiency
Cost-Effective Ways to Stay Cool
Rising energy costs can make cooling your home expensive. Today, it’s more important than ever to take the steps necessary to keep your home comfortable without spending an excessive amount of money. Here are some tips that can help you keep your home cool, even on the hottest summer day.
- Get a regular air conditioning system check-up, twice a year. This will keep your unit running efficiently and prevent costly repairs. It is easier to prevent damage than to repair it.
- Change your air conditioner’s filter once a month in order to help air flow. If air flow is blocked it makes it harder for the air conditioner to operate properly.
- Keep your curtains and drapes on the west and south window drawn. This one tip can save 3 to 6 percent of your utility bill and can help decrease the load on your air conditioning system.
- Remember to turn off the outdoor unit when mowing your lawn. Debris and cut grass can blow into the unit. If the air conditioner is operating when this debris enters the unit it can interfere with airflow. This can lead to a decrease in efficiency for both the heating and air conditioning systems.
- Plant a tree. Trees provide natural shade for your home which can help with cooling. Trees also absorb carbon dioxide from the air.
Don’t Lose Your Cool
If you plan on being away from your home for a long weekend or a day trip, do not turn your air conditioner off. It may seem absurd to leave your air conditioner running when no one is home, but this will actually help to save money. If you turn off your air conditioner on a warm day, the unit will have to work harder to get the house back to your desired temperature when you arrive home. In the summer, the heat does not just build up in the air. Heat goes into the walls, carpet, and furniture. This heat can take hours to eliminate.
To avoid these heated conditions, if you’re leaving for the day or longer, set the temperature to 4 degrees higher than normal, rather than turning off the unit. Leaving your air conditioner on while you’re away will reduce the strain on your a/c unit, keep utility bills low and keep your home comfortable. Also, when you arrive back from your trip, wouldn’t it be nice to walk into a cool house.
With a central heating system, air is heated at a central point and sent through the house’s interior using a series of ducts and vents. Heat is provided to multiple rooms or it can be sent to a particular section of a structure. This system can be made more effective with proper insulation. With technological progress, there are more options available for ductless heating systems.
At Expert HVAC Care, we work on all types of heating systems from an old furnace to a high-efficiency central heating system. Our heating technicians analyze and repair malfunctioning heating systems. With annual heater maintenance, we can keep your system working at its peak, which will reduce energy costs. Our technicians are professionals who will ensure your system is well maintained. We have 24/7 emergency services so that you’re covered at the time when you need it most. Our fully stocked trucks make it possible to fix your heating problem on the spot. Remember that when you want reliable, honest and affordable heating service in Pittsburgh, call the professionals at Expert HVAC Care.
10 Reasons Why You Should Have Your Furnace Checked:
- You can save up to 10 percent on your utility bills
- Your manufacturer’s warranty will be maintained
- You can prolong the life of your equipment
- You will need fewer unexpected service calls
- You can improve your unit’s heating and cooling efficiency
- You will be protected from rising energy costs
- Your indoor air will be healthier and cleaner
- You will be helping to conserve the nation’s energy supply
- You will have peace of mind
- You will improve your family’s safety with carbon monoxide checks
Get Free Estimate
Local Contact Information
320 Fort Duquesne Blvd #234 Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Money Saving Heating Tips
- Your furnace should be checked annually
- Check and replace filters on your furnace regularly
- Your furnace should be cleaned and tuned up before each heating season
- Lower your thermostat setting when you are not at home
- Ensure there is adequate insulation in the attic and walls of your home
- Take steps to keep air from leaking around doors and windows
Why Expert HVAC Care?
Since 2005, Expert HVAC Care has been helping homeowners to keep their homes comfortable. Our HVAC specialists work hard to provide the highest quality service. We understand that it is important for you to trust our staff, which is why we make customer care and service a priority. Since opening our doors, we have created a business that is built on the idea of providing our customers with quality workmanship at a fair price. This is something we continue to believe as our business continues to grow. Whether you need maintenance, repairs or a new installation, Expert HVAC Care technicians and staff have the experience, knowledge and expertise to get the job done. Contact one of our local Pittsburgh HVAC service reps for a free estimate at (412) 404-3483.
Full Service List
Areas We Serve
- Mc Kees Rocks
- Bethel Park
- Mc Donald
- South Park