For Free HVAC Consultation in Lancaster, Call: (717) 340-9489
We never know when an emergency might strike. A fourth of all households in America, however, don’t have any savings on hand to help pay for an emergency HVAC repair in case they need one, according to reports. Of those who do have some cash prepared, fifty percent of them have less than a thousand dollars – definitely not enough to pay for a new furnace. Carry on reading to learn more about how you can avoid getting stuck in the cold should your furnace start to malfunction during winter.
Most Common HVAC Issues
A faulty air conditioning and heat system is the most common home emergency listed in the reports – accounting for about 20% of unexpected home service breakdowns. Here are some common causes of furnace breakdown:
- A faulty pilot or ignition
- Dirty filters
- A malfunctioning thermostat
- Old age wear and tear
Meanwhile, here are some of the most common problems with air conditioning systems, as reported by the U.S. Department of Energy:
- Electric control failure
- Improper drainage
- Sensor problems
- Refrigerant Leaks
An empty bank account could leave you in a potentially precarious situation if you happen to have a problem. Either you’ll need to go without a HVAC system (which may or not be feasible depending on your climate, but is definitely uncomfortable); borrow money from relatives, friends or a bank; or settle for a shoddy discounted repair that’ll likely end up costing a lot more in the long run. In order not to find yourself in this situation later, take the proper steps to make sure you’re ready to face a breakdown.
Avoiding HVAC Emergencies
If you experience one of the problems listed above, you might be in for a quite expensive repair bill. In the worst case, you’ll need to replace your entire AC unit or furnace. Follow the tips below in order to make it less likely that you’ll have to face an emergency, and still be prepared if one ends up occurring anyway.
- Keep your air conditioning and heating gear well-maintained. If you make sure to perform regular maintenance, you’ll prolong your equipment’s life and decrease the chance of a breakdown. You’ll also be much more likely to get an advance warning should you equipment
- Build up some savings. There are many excellent reasons to put aside some of your check every payday. When you have the cash on hand to repair your furnace in case it fails in the middle of winter, you’ll have both peace of mind and safety from the cold.
- Apply for a home warranty program. If you get a maintenance or warranty program for your HVAC system, you’ll be able to make sure your gear is always in its best possible condition, and you’ll be protected in case there’s a breakdown.
Trust The Professionals To Keep Your Equipment Running
At Expert HVAC Care, we work on all types of systems ranging from old furnaces to a high-efficiency central heating system. Our technicians will analyze and repair any malfunctioning heating or AC systems. With annual maintenance, we can keep your system working at its peak, which will reduce energy costs. Our technicians are certified and will ensure your system is well maintained. We have 24/7 emergency services available so that you’re covered at the time when you need it most. Our fully stocked trucks make it possible to fix your heating & air conditioning problems on the spot. Remember that when you want reliable, honest and affordable heating service in Lancaster, call the professionals at Expert HVAC Care.
10 Reasons Why You Should Have Your Furnace Checked:
- You can save up to 10 percent on your utility bills
- Your manufacturer’s warranty will be maintained
- You can prolong the life of your equipment
- You will need fewer unexpected service calls
- You can improve your unit’s heating and cooling efficiency
- You will be protected from rising energy costs
- Your indoor air will be healthier and cleaner
- You will be helping to conserve the nation’s energy supply
- You will have peace of mind
- You will improve your family’s safety with carbon monoxide checks
Get Free Estimate
Local Contact Information
Money Saving Heating Tips
- Your furnace should be checked annually
- Check and replace filters on your furnace regularly
- Your furnace should be cleaned and tuned up before each heating season
- Lower your thermostat setting when you are not at home
- Ensure there is adequate insulation in the attic and walls of your home
- Take steps to keep air from leaking around doors and windows
Why Expert HVAC Care?
Since 2005, Expert HVAC Care has been helping homeowners to keep their homes comfortable. Our HVAC specialists work hard to provide the highest quality service. We understand that it is important for you to trust our staff, which is why we make customer care and service a priority. Since opening our doors, we have created a business that is built on the idea of providing our customers with quality workmanship at a fair price. This is something we continue to believe as our business continues to grow. Whether you need maintenance, repairs or a new installation, Expert HVAC Care technicians and staff have the experience, knowledge and expertise to get the job done. Contact one of our local Lancaster HVAC service reps for a free estimate at (717) 340-9489.
Full Service List
Areas We Serve
- West Willow
- East Petersburg
- Willow Street
- Washington Boro
- Bird In Hand
- New Providence
- Mount Joy
- East Prospect